Teeth Whitening – South Austin, TX
Brighten Your Smile with Zoom!
Do your teeth appear yellow or dull? It happens to all of us. With so much exposure to darkly pigmented foods and drinks, our teeth can get stains that are hard to remove. Also, just over the natural course of time, the protective layer of tooth enamel can wear away, revealing the yellow layer of dentin beneath it.
Sure, you could use over-the-counter whitening solutions, but they don’t deliver the results promised. Our office offers the proven and effective whitening solution Zoom! to brighten your smile by up to eight shades! And what’s more, at The Dental Centre, you can choose to have treatment either in the office or at home.
If you’re looking for a fast, efficient way to whiten your teeth, then our in-office Zoom! treatment may be the right choice for you. Using a highly concentrated gel, we can give you the results you’re looking for in a short period of time.
The in-office whitening process goes something like this:
- Your teeth are polished to remove any plaque.
- Fan records your teeth’s original shade.
- Your gumline and mouth are protected from the solution with gauze and a barrier.
- Your teeth are then coated with the whitening solution on the front surface of your teeth.
- A special curing light is used to activate the peroxide. After 30 to 60 minutes, another coat of gel may be applied.
- After time has passed, your teeth are rinsed, and a fluoride treatment is applied to help reduce any teeth sensitivity.
Our take-home whitening kits allow you to achieve the same dramatic results as our in-office treatment, but they also give you the convenience of doing it in the comfort of your own home. Over the course of about two weeks, you use the whitening gel with custom trays to steadily whiten your teeth.
Similar to in-office treatment, Dr. Fan starts by documenting your teeth’s shade, but then then he takes an impression of your upper and bottom teeth. The impressions are sent to a dental lab, where the trays are custom made to fit only you. Two weeks later, they should be ready for you to begin treatment.
Although you should follow Dr. Fan’s specific instructions, here is how the process generally works with take-home whitening:
- At night, brush and floss your teeth.
- Apply the whitening gel to the tray as you’ve been directed and put them in your mouth.
- While you wait, you can watch another episode of your favorite show on Netflix or do whatever you like. Just don’t eat, drink, or smoke while you whiten.
- After about 30 minutes to an hour, remove the trays.
- Avoid eating, drinking, or smoking for 30 minutes after treatment.
- Even if you see a difference immediately or within a few days, continue to use the kits. After about two weeks, you should see the final results.
We look forward to helping you reverse the wear and tear on your teeth’s appearance. To help you determine which teeth whitening solution best fits your needs, contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Fan. Turn back the clock on your smile with us and with Zoom! whitening.