Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to see a dentist during COVID-19?
At The Dental Centre, your health and safety is our main concern. To help protect you and our staff from COVID-19, the following measures have been taken:
- Non-contact forehead temperature will be taken at each visit; patient experiencing elevated temperature will be asked to contact their PCP
- Health questionnaires will be enforced per patient per visit for the most up to date information
- We request everyone to wear facemasks while in the waiting area and to maintain 6 ft social distance whenever possible<
- Commonly touched areas are cleaned periodically throughout the day using hospital-grade disinfectants
- Air purification technology and scavenging systems are deployed throughout the office for your safety. These can remove particles up to 0.1 micron, which is the size of the infectious coronavirus droplets.
- Our staff are trained and adhering to enhanced CDC infection control protocol, including additional protective equipment. All of our equipment is heat-sterilized or chemically disinfected to protect you.
- If you are concerned about the waiting area, feel free to wait in the safety of your car. But please let us know so we can call you up when we are ready for you.
Feel free to talk to us if you have any additional concerns.
I’m very nervous about visiting the dentist. Can you help?
Dr. Fan is known for being the gentle, caring dentist in Austin and the surrounding areas. He takes a careful approach to reduce discomfort at every turn — from simple injections to the most complex care. We also offer oral conscious sedation and nitrous oxide to increase your comfort even more.
It’s been a long time since I had my teeth cleaned. Is that ok?
We never, ever make patients feel guilty for missing dental appointments. The important thing is that you don’t wait any longer to schedule a checkup and cleaning. Contact us to receive the preventive care you need ASAP.
How do you treat gum disease?
If you are one of the millions of Americans dealing with gum disease, visit our office right away for treatment. Scaling and root planing is a method of deep cleaning that heals moderate levels of gum disease. We’ll clean around and below the gum line over a series of appointments to kill bacteria and prevent its re-occurrence.
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
Schedule an appointment with our office to find out whether or not you are eligible for implant dentistry. If your tooth loss is recent and you are in good oral and overall health, chances are good the answer is yes.
Should adults get dental sealants?
Dental sealants are especially helpful for children, who are at the highest risk of cavities. But adult patients who are at a higher risk of tooth decay can also greatly benefit from the preventive measure.
Is in-office teeth whitening better than at-home whitening?
It’s not that in-office whitening is better, it’s just that it reveals results faster than at-home treatments. Some patients prefer to whiten their teeth more gradually, meaning that a take-home system could be the best option for you.
What cosmetic dentistry options do you offer?
We offer Austin patients a number of cosmetic treatments, from noninvasive direct bonding to porcelain veneers, metal-free restorations, teeth whitening, and more. Talk to us about how we can improve your smile!