Dental Implants – Austin, TX
Permanently Replace Your Missing Teeth
Even a single missing tooth can lead to serious oral health complications. If you’re missing more than one tooth, you may experience severe challenges on a day to day basis. While modern dentistry offers a few different treatments for filling in the gaps and restoring dental function, dental implants in Oak Hill are the most effective and longest-lasting way to replace missing teeth. Dr. Jack Fan is proud to provide comprehensive implant dentistry to the Austin community. Contact our team today if you would like to take advantage of this life-changing treatment.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The most outstanding benefits of dental implants include:
- Total tooth replacement. Most tooth replacement options just replace the visible portion of missing teeth. A dental implant replaces the entire tooth, including the root.
- Bone preservation. Implants bond with the bone around them, thereby helping to preserve the jaw’s density and shape.
- Dental implants can last for a lifetime if they’re well cared for. Their restorations (the artificial teeth that go on top of the implants) can last for well over a decade.
- A high success rate. Dental implants are successful in over 95 percent of cases.
- Natural function. Dental implants are extremely sturdy. They can restore your ability to eat practically anything, whether it’s a juicy steak, a crunchy apple, or your favorite movie night snacks.
- Remarkable aesthetics. Implant restorations are carefully crafted to mimic to the appearance of natural teeth. It’s highly unlikely that onlookers will be able to tell that you’ve had any work done.
- Easy maintenance. In many ways, caring for dental implants is just like caring for natural teeth.
Indications for Dental Implants
Dental implants are a suitable solution for all levels of tooth loss, whether you’re missing just one tooth or an entire arch of teeth.
Missing Single Tooth
If you are missing just one tooth, Dr. Fan will place a single dental implant within your jawbone. He’ll place a custom crown on top of the implant to replace the visible portion of your missing tooth.
Missing Multiple Teeth
An implant supported bridge is ideal for replacing multiple missing teeth in a row. Two implants support the bridge, and they’re connected to dental crowns. Pontics (artificial teeth) “bridge” the space between the crowns.
Missing All Teeth
Dr. Fan can replace an entire arch of teeth with just 6 – 8 strategically placed dental implants. The dentures that attach to the implants may be permanently screwed into place. Overdentures, removable prostheses that snap onto the implants, are also an option for many patients.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Admittedly, dental implants cost more than other tooth replacement solutions. Preliminary work, the implant placement surgery, and the final restoration each come with its own price. When you visit us for your consultation, we’ll be able to provide you with an estimate for the cost of your treatment. We’ll also help you explore financing and insurance options that might help you fit your new smile into your budget. The many benefits that dental implants in South Austin offer make them worth the price! They’re a smart investment in your oral health, appearance, and confidence.